Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add the "atlassian-addons-project-access" role with trial account

Lucyk, Ben December 14, 2021

I'm trying to demo an addon integration (SVN Gateway), but my trial Atlassian account will not allow me to edit the permissions. My Admin account does not seem to have the "atlassian-addons-project-access" role (containing the "View Development Tools" permission), which is required to view the Development field showing the commit history.  Does the Jira Software product have different permissions set up for trial accounts?

2021-12-13 12_01_53-Permission helper - Jira.png

2021-12-13 12_14_06-Edit Permissions - Jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi Ben - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I see the atlassian-addons-project-access role in your permission scheme. But in your permission helper it seems to be running as you and not the add-on. Are you in the Administrator role on the project (in People)?

Lucyk, Ben December 15, 2021

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.  When I navigate to the People page in the project settings I only see this message:

Where is everybody?

On a free plan, you can only add people using your site's administration settings. Upgrade your plan to better control who can access this project.

So I'm not sure what is the answer to your question.  

At the recommended Administration settings page I added my user (the only one) to all the groups available.  And then for each of those groups, I ensured that the Jira Work Management product was added (the only other product available for me to select is Jira Administration).  Still no change and I am unable to view the Development field.  

2021-12-15 08_51_21-Administration.png
Any ideas?
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Ah, that's right - no permission adjustments. So what exactly is the error you are getting? 

No error exactly, only that I'm unable to view commit history in an Issue's Development field, via the SVN Gateway addon, which is what I'm trying to demo.  The addon config does "see" my latest revision from my sample repo, it's just not displaying due to the above persimmons issue. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Gotcha. That's probably not going to be something that is overcome without upgrading to a paid account.  :-(

Thanks anyway for your help John.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events