Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get Tasks to Rollup to Epic in List + Timeline View

Brandon Watts December 2, 2022

I'm trying to utilize the Project management template's list and timeline view to better showcase my projects and i'm having an issue where i can't get the tasks that are part of an epic to show as rolled up. Instead they are just other tasks. I've tried to filter by epic but that just shows epics, with nothing underneath. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 10.45.06 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

Hi Brandon - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I suggest you vote for and follow this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-316

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Brandon Watts -

Any specific objective with "better showcase my projects?" At minware we offer a predictive roadmap that rolls things up nicely -- ironically I don't have a screenshot available that shows the expanded nesting but below is an example.

Each grouping can be expanded to show subtasks and the "chunks" of time you see on each timeline will waterfall chronologically once expanded:

minware capacity_epic.png

It is a paid service but we offer a free trial if you want to check it out.

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Hey @Brandon Watts hope all is well! Curious if you were able to solve here?

Found a screenshot showing the sub-task level drill down in minware:

minware - roadmap subtask grouping.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events