Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use API Key Manager for Jira app to create new issue?

Chiranjibi Chapagain May 23, 2023

I need a way to create jira ticket using Rest API with a token that is not connected to any particular user. I found API Key Manager as a probable solution to my case but couldn't figure out how to use it for creating issue. 
I used the token in header apiKey:<Token> but i am getting error that i don't have permission. 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Do you mean API token here?

If you do, then note that the token belongs to a Jira user account. If you use it to authenticate and create an issue, then that user will be the reporter of the issue.

Chiranjibi Chapagain May 23, 2023

Yes API Token. We are trying to implement an automatic ticket creation in case of errors in server and we don't want it to be connected to any particular user, so that we don't have to change the token when a person leaves. But seems there is no such possibility?
thanks @Aron Gombas _Midori_ 

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

An issue must always have a reporter.

But, in this case, you could just create a user account intuitively named (e.g. "auto-creator" or something) and use that only for this purpose. That would properly fill the reporter field, yet it would be distinguishable from human users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events