Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get all the old information of a field?

Cesar Bastos October 13, 2022

I need a way to get all informations of a custom field.
For example, a field was filled with the data 30/11/2020 and now is filled with 05/12/2021.

Can i get all of those informations? Somehow extract this to a Sheets with those 2 infos?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

There isn't a JQL function that allows you to search the history of custom fields, so your options are to manually look at the history under Activity, or use the REST API to get the change log for the issue.

There are also apps on the Marketplace that can do this for you, like Issue History Collector and Issue History for Jira. I would suggest that you check them out to see if they can give you the data you are looking for, 

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2022

Hi @Cesar Bastos 

@Mikael Sandberg Thank you for mentioning the Issue History for Jira. It was developed by my team as a changelog diary, so it will be handy to get all changes for any standard or custom field.

Here is an example of the report:

2022-10-13_18-15-51.png

There is 30-day free trial. Let me know if you have any questions.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events