Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Service Project have a List view?

Jin Huynh April 8, 2022

I see in a business project the list view would be populated. Is there any way a service project would have this feature? It is more user friendly and intuitive to work through the queue with this type of format. This would be a huge benefit for my team.

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Jin Huynh 

This question is a bit bigger than a breadbox but I will see if I can get you on your way with this. I see you are recently on Community... welcome... so I am going to guess you are pretty recent to Jira. Don't worry that things don't seem straightforward right off. Jira is enormous; it works ok out of the box but it starts to sing once you start to tune it (and I really didn't mean the pun there)

You might start off looking at this set of pages about how to configure queues as the defaults from setting up a project do the job but likely don't fit you. The queues really are just a list view but with some smarts that can be added. You can do many actions from the queue and it helps you better categorize/sort your incoming requests.

HOWEVER, if that still doesn't suit you and you would like that view seen in JWM, JXL is a stellar app for Jira that essentially lets you drive Jira like a spreadsheet. When you cite your affinity for lists, it feels a lot like this might be a comfortable place to be.

Either is good; I highly recommend you take the time to learn how to make the queues work and, as you move down the path, just go ahead and add JXL. I recommend it to anyone with any Jira instance.

Hope this helps

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Jin Huynh  - The quick answer is no, it can't. The List functionality is only available for JWM/Business projects. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events