Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use text formatting notation during editing issues?

蕭伊婷Joy July 23, 2021

I currently use Jira Work Management. Though the interface of it is really good, the text formatting feature just aren't complete enough. I highly rely on formatting notation while creating issues, but it drives me crazy that I can only use it while creating not editing.

Can Jira add a switch for formatting notation mode to the editing screen? Just like the creating screen. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Hello @蕭伊婷Joy,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The create issue screen has a different editor than the view screen, but it will change soon.

On the new issue view, the editor is Markdown, and the old view (and the same as the create issue screen) is the Wiki Markup, that’s why when creating a ticket, some formats may not work after the ticket is created.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

For more information about this change, please, check the article below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

蕭伊婷Joy July 26, 2021

Hi Angélica

Thanks for the answer. I scrolled through the information you offered, however I supposed that my needs weren't included.

I should put it this way-I suggest that the editor of description can include a list of more complete formatting option, such as multiple layered listing, strike through, etc. (especially multiple-layered listing!)

Hope this could be included soon!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2021

Hi @蕭伊婷Joy,

The new editor uses Markdown and there are lists and strikethrough options. You can find more information on the documentation below:

If none of these are what you need, if possible, share with us a screenshot of the format you need, so we can raise a feature request suggesting this change.

蕭伊婷Joy July 27, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Thanks for the thorough information! I think all I need are included in these.

Looking forward to the official release!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events