Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I migrate existing Trello cards to Jira Work Managment?

Mohamed Fouad June 15, 2022

Hello

I am existing user in Trello and has biult our own projects already, our company was looking for more automated gantt features which Trello is not providing, for that was exploring Jira Work Management and is checkign if I can migrate all work done in Trello in Jirs work management or not?

Best Regards

Mohamed

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Mohamed Fouad

Jira does have a Trello importer, you can find more information here. For now, the importer only works with company-managed Jira Work Management projects.

If you are using a team-managed project you might consider first importing into a company-managed project and then using Jira's bulk move feature to copy the issues across.

Better importers are something that we are looking into at the moment — stay tuned.

Vanessa Drummond September 28, 2022

Hi, I have just started using Jira... and we have Jira Software and Jira Work Management ... I want to import Trello boards, but they are automatically importing as Jira Software projects, but I want them to import as Jira Business Projects - do you know how I can do this?

I see I can import as a Software Project, then setup a Business Project and bulk export into it - but its more time consuming as I have to setup all the columns .. would be great if I can just import straight up as Business Projects ... can you advise please

Thank you, Vanessa

Like Mohamed Fouad likes this
Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Vanessa Drummond

We are actively working on a new importer for Jira Work Management which will allow for Trello projects to be imported directly.

Importing first to a Jira Software projects and then bulk moving to a Jira Work Management project is one of our recommended work arounds. We do acknowledge the time this takes though — with the new importer we hope to dramatically reduce this.

Something else that you might try is exporting a CSV from Trello and then using the Jira CSV import option which will allow you to select a Jira Work Management project.

Like # people like this
Vanessa Drummond September 28, 2022

Wow thank you for such a fast reply - unexpected! But most appreciated.

Like Matthew Canham likes this
Mohamed Fouad October 17, 2022

@Matthew Canham and can we automatically syrchronise the data between Jira and Trello?

I did make the migration from Trello to Jira, but now need to update the 2 platforms as they are not synchronized.

Appreciated

Mohamed

Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2022

Hey @Mohamed Fouad

We don't support syncing between Trello and JWM natively. A quick search on the Atlassian Marketplace revealed some apps that might solve your problem although I haven't used any of these myself: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=trello

Hope this helps,

Matt

Like Mohamed Fouad likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events