Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create multiple issues out of a form with checklist?

Vittorio Bottari October 24, 2022

Hi,

I would like to create a form based on checkboxes (like a product catalogue). If you fill out this form, it will create multiple issues in Jira, according to your selection. Is this even possible, or is this automation to complex for it? thanks in advance!

Cheers

1 answer

1 vote
Sandra Washausen November 1, 2022

Hi,

actually I was hoping to find an answer to exactly the question here myself.
Instead, I think I found a way to solve the problem.

First, you have to create a custom field based on checkboxes that specify the answer choices you want.
(In my example below, the custom field is called "Team Test" and the checkboxes are called "Value 1" and "Value 2.")

Now you create a form with a new field that you link to this custom jira field (selection on the right side of the window). This will automatically apply the previously defined checkboxes.
Now you can start with the automation:

Webaufnahme_1-11-2022.jpeg

A more or less elegant way, but this is the only way it works reliably for me. I am always grateful for improvements :)

Geerten den Besten June 13, 2023

Hi,

In some cases, this seems indeed to be a nice solution. However, I'm wondering: Is it true that the form as a whole generates one issue and the checkboxes then result in additional issues? The reason I'm asking this is that I'm aiming to make one form for what end users simply experience as an "outage", but might depend on their answers resulting in issue types such as "bug", "incident" or "problem". 

Tnx.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events