Board access issue

Pete Piro August 15, 2022

Hello,

we use Jira Business Project to track work-related tickets and we ran into a problem with the project board being limited to less than 1,000 unresolved tickets.  There was an issue with the work chart that only closed the tickets but didn't resolve them.  

So to temporarily get around this issue I created a restricted board in my personal space, everyone except for 2 people that have access to the original board can access this temp board but I can't figure out why the other 2 cannot... Any ideas??

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hi Pete,

Who is the board filter shared with? 

Also, you need to add a post function to the transition to the Done status to set the resolution field so you can keep the number of tickets on the built-in board down. 

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hello @Pete Piro 

Does the project that your restricted board lives in grant browse project access to those 2 people (Project Settings > People & Permissions)?

Pete Piro August 15, 2022

@Sam Nadarajan if I understand your question correctly then yes both individuals have the ability to view the business project and its board.

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

I'm actually referring to the other project, not the business project. If the restricted board lives in that other project, and your two users don't have access to that project, they won't be able to get to that board. I ran into something similar before where I needed to grant access to the other project before people could see the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events