Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG new issue create view

Manuel Kübler February 13, 2022

If I create tasks including work logs via the new create issue view, they are not saved. An error message does not appear. I can't work with the new user interface, otherwise my entire company would come to a standstill.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2022

@Manuel Kübler 

Are you experiencing problems while creating issues in Jira Cloud?

May I know if you are not able to see the created issue or is it that you are not able to create the issues at all?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2022

Some screenshots would help.

I wanted to create issue today. When logging into Jira I was informed about the new view https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-create-experience/. With this new issue create view I then created 20 issues. There was no message with the issue number and no error message. When I then switched to the issue overview, I found that the 20 issues could not be found. I can't find these 20 issues via the JIRA Rest Api either.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

So if you simply use JQL - project = xxxxx (where xxxxx is your project) and sort on issue key do you not see the issues? If not and you are unable to create issues at all please report to Atlassian Support.

I created this topic as a warning about the new view that it is still very buggy. Atlassian Support hasn't responded yet.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

Thanks. I don't have any issues currently. So you are saying you cannot create any issues? Is this repeatable in all projects?

I can reproduce it in all projects. It is not possible to work because of this, the key word being downtime

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

Thanks. Sure sounds like a bug. Hopefully you set your support request to P1. Please report results here. I'm sort of surprised we are not seeing more posts on this. Maybe it is limited to your instance. Time will tell.

Since I'm using the Free Edition, I don't get any direct support from Atlassian. I record my time with speed. I have first deactivated the new view for the next 3 months with the hope that this setting will still be active after March 7th, 2022.

I divided the view into two tabs.

- ticket information
- Log work

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2022

Ah. You had not tagged as Free. The thing is, I don't believe the new create is that new but maybe I am missing something here. How did you deactivate new view? In any event it sounds like you can create issues now?

In the FAQ at the link https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-create-experience/#Can-I-turn-on-or-off-the-new-Jira-issue-create-experience how to disable it for a week or 3 months. The problem occurs as soon as I enter a work log, then the ticket is not saved and no error appears.

Manuel Kübler May 23, 2022

Unfortunately the problem still exists. The creation of new issues, including logging the time required, now takes significantly longer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events