Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with troopr

František Vůjtek May 4, 2022

Hello there. I have two questions:

A) Im auto-creating tickets from slack via Troopr application. But this applications throws everything into a Summary field, instead of description.

a.1) It´s possible to set it, when the issue is created, copy text from summary to the description?

a.2) Is it also possible to do it with clones? I create clones from jira servicedesk to jira software and it´s also in summary, not in description.

A.3) It´s possible to set some flow, when some fields are uptaded in jira servicedesk, clone fields will be also updated? (i have found some re-fetch feature in automation, but its not working)

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

Hi @František Vůjtek 

Answers below!

Question 1

• I'd recommend contacting the vendor for this, given it's likely linked to the App's functionality. You can see their contact details on the Marketplace's App listing, via the Support tab.
  • You might also find something in their documentation - for example, does this page help?

Question 2

• I'd look to get an answer to Question 1 first. Creating a clone of an Issue from a JSM Project to JSW, will just copy the date into the same fields.
  • You might be able to split the data into different fields using Smart Values in Automation - but it would be quite complex, and I'd only try it if it's not possible to split the data into different fields at creation through Troopr.

Question 3

You could use Automation to copy the data from the original Issue to the clone, as long as there is a link between them (for example, via linked issues - clones/is cloned by).

You would also need to use a Global Automation rule as it's multiple Projects - i.e created via Jira Settings > System > Global Automation.

The rule might look something like this...

• Trigger: Issue Updated
  • Condition: Related Issues Condition
    • Related Issues: Linked Issues
    • Link Types: clones
    • Condition: Are present
  • Branch: Linked Issues = is cloned by
    • Action: Edit Issue
      • ...set fields to copy to the cloned Issue, for example Assignee.
        • Set the value to be copied from the trigger issue, using the Copy from... operation, available through the 3-dots icon

Let us know if you find a good solution for (1) and (2) via Troopr - and if you need any more specific help with (3)!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events