Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation showing a Specify the Priority (id or name) in the string format (priority) error

Colin Hunt June 22, 2021

I am running an automation that clones a created issue into another project and then links the new issue and its clone. The rule has worked more times than not, but is failing randomly. The only correlation I can find is that the users creating the issues that fail are not users of the project. However the project has the standard permissions which allow non users to create issues. Just wanted to see if anyone knew why it would fail in these instances, or if there is another issue going on. I have attached my automation and the logjira automation error.PNG

4 answers

0 votes
Jeremi Nilsson March 10, 2023

You have to have a issue Priority or the rule won't run for some reason.

0 votes
Paty Souza November 30, 2022

have we found a solution for this error? I just got this error message when cloning an epic with multiple tasks.

0 votes
Sean Hannan October 12, 2021

I believe the issue may be that you can clone an issue where you are setting the priority to NULL (i.e. the original issue priority is also NULL).  I am currently battling the same issue

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hi @Colin Hunt ,

Do the projects share a field configuration? What maybe happening is in the 2nd project the Priority field is mandatory but in the first it isn't and therefore can't clone into that project as the Priority is not set.

Let me know if that is the problem.

Cheers,
Nick Menere
Automation Group Product Manager

Colin Hunt June 23, 2021

@nmenere ,

That doesn't seem to be it. Priority isn't a required field in either project. I also tried to remove the priority value from the creation form, but that didn't recreate the failure. It just re-populated the field. 

nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

I think this may require some debugging - looking at specific examples of issues where this passes and doesn't pass. I'd create a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/ and provide as much details of the issues as you can.

Cheers,
Nick

Annica Andersson December 2, 2021

I m running into the same problem, when doing a bulk of issues. 

But the automation works fine when cloning less then 20 Issues.

Any news in this case?

/Annica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events