Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule to update dates of linked issues across projects

Merijn December 16, 2021

Hi all,

I have found other questions related to this, but none of the answers seem to solve the issue.

If someone changes the start and/or due date of a task in one project, I want a global automation rule to automatically update any issues that are duplicates / duplicated by that task in another project.

Here is my rule:

Capture.PNG

The audit log shows that the rule is executing without any issues, the comment that is added by the same rule does show up when the rule is executed, only the dates do not actually change.

Capture2.PNG

I am admin in both projects so I assume permissions should not be an issue.

Does anyone know why this is not working?

Best,

Merijn

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hello @Merijn 

The secret for this not working lies in the part where the dates are being edited. Please set it up to be copied from the Trigger Issue and not the Current Issue for it to work.

I have tested the same and the screenshot is shared below.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

Auto Update Start Date.JPG

Merijn December 16, 2021

Thanks so much, this was indeed what fixed the issue.

0 votes
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Merijn

do you mind sharing what's set inside your THEN rule to edit the dates?

If the issue is commented but only dates aren't changed maybe the problem is there...

Thanks, Nikki

Yenni Giang March 6, 2024

I'm having the same issue - the date does not change in linked issues. Were you able to solve this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events