Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Custom Date changing Due Date

Alexandra Astor January 20, 2023

I have an automation rule that populates the Due Date based on the date that is entered in a custom field called Meeting Date.  I also have a rule, that I would like to update the due date whenever the meeting date is changed.  This rule is set to update several tasks and subtasks within the Epic.  However, it is not working consistently.  Sometimes it makes the updates I would like, but not all the time. Any insight into what I am doing wrong?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2023

Hi Alexandra,

I looks like you are trying to update the Meeting Date and then also update the Due Date based on this same Meeting Date value in the same step of the rule. You cannot count on it being done in that order. 

You should have a step to do the Meeting Date update. Then do a New Action for Re-fetch issue. And then do a New Action for setting the Due Date based on this newly updated Meeting Date. 

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Alexandra Astor - It looks like your rule is straightforward.  I would recommend cross-referencing the failed updates against the rule log to see if there's something going on.  

The only thing that comes to mind is if some of the issues are not in the same project.  In which case, you'd need to make sure the rule scope (on the Rule Details screen) is set to global/multiple projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events