Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Story Creation

Amanda Crawford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

I am trying to automate the creation of stories when a multi-picker field is changed (any change) to create a story with a unique summary to match individual items in the multi-picker field.

For instance: Lines of Business - Line 1, Line 7, and line 13 are all selected.

I want multiple stories to be created with the summary Title - Line 1 and another story Title - Line 7 and another Title - Line 13.  How do I do this?

Here is what I have tried:

When: Value Changes for

For Each: Lines of Business

Then: Create Issue

However, it creates as many stories as items selected (3 stories, Title - Line 1, Line 7, Line 13), but all of the items are in the summary line, instead of a summary for each item.

Thanks in Advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Amanda Crawford , 

welcome to the community! 

Please provide a screenshot of your rule, especcially the branching / creation of issues, so we know what we are working with. 

If you use smart brancing to iterate over your multi-select custom field value, and you then use the newly created variable in your branch, you should be able to use this in the creation of your new issues in the branch. 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events