Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate a workflow / screen / issue type schemes by default to my new company-based projects

Jonathan Légal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how I can associate a workflow scheme, a issue type scheme, and a screen scheme to new projects created (e.g having a "by default" set up environnement).

I am asking because I always use the same workflow / issue type / screen schemes every time when I create a new company-based project.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Hello @Jonathan Légal 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

When a Company Managed project is being created, at the point where you enter the project name there is an option to Share Settings.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 12.35.57 PM.png

If you check that box you will then be able to select from the existing Company Managed projects the project whose configuration you want applied to the new project. There are two important things to note:

1. This will share the schemes of the first project with the second project. They will be using the exact same schemes. Changes to the schemes will affect both projects.

2. This will share all the schemes; i.e. workflows, fields, screens, issue types, permissions, notifications. If you don't want to share all the schemes, then after the new project is created you would have to associate different schemes to the areas where you did not want to use shared schemes.

Jonathan Légal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Thank you for your feedback Trudy. I will try that for my next project creation.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events