cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin settings for assignee field on forms

Lawrence Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2023

Hello! 

I'm using Jira Work Management to create a form that allows users to make requests. When editing the form I see the assignee field is unsupported with the following message:

This required field is unsupported, contact admin to make the field optional.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 16.32.28.png

Can anyone help guide me why this is happening and what admin settings I need to change to enable this?

To confirm, I have admin settings but can't seem to find anything that connects to this feature after a few hours of going through panels.

Thanks so much

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Hi Lawrence - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I think Atlassian views it as the requester should not be assigning the work, but someone else in the team performing the work. Therefore the Assignee field is not supported. I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

So a work around is to include another field with maybe a dropdown with selected values. Then based on the value, you can create an automation rule that will assign the issue to the appropriate person as soon as the issue is created. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Hi @Lawrence Brown 

Unfortunately 'Assignee' field is not supported in the JWM form yet 

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-224 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events