Adding attachment to forms

Nadia Chylak January 10, 2022

Hello everyone, according to this documentation, it should be possible to add a field for attachments to Forms, however, this option does not appear on my interface? Also when testing the Form, attachments cannot be inserted into the Description field.

On the other hand, if I create an issue via "Create" (i.e. not via the form), I can add an attachment in the Description field without a problem.

Would you know what the issue is? 

Many thanks!

JIRA form.png

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Hello @Nadia Chylak,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I’m able to add the attachment field to the Forms. That said, maybe the field is not added to the screen of the issue type associated with the form (the default one).

Please, go to Project settings > Screens.

On this page, you can see all the issue types and the screens associated with them. There are projects that have only one screen scheme for all issue types and some that have different ones. So, click on the link to the Create Issue Screen and Edit/View Issue Screen and make sure the attachment field is listed there. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 15.26.57.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 15.31.54.png

Kind regards,
Angélica

Nadia Chylak January 12, 2022

Hi Angélica, 

Thanks for the answer! I did not know better then but I should have mentioned that my project is a "team-managed project" and not a "company-managed project". Hence I do not have access to screens configuration. I am also not an admin.

In your opinion, should I re-create that project as "company-managed"? Or can I keep my project as "team-managed" and just get the help from a JIRA admin? 

Thanks!

Nadia

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

Thank you for sharing, Nadia.

I just tested here and the attachment field is not supported on team-managed projects.

I created a new project and couldn’t find the field as well, then I tried to create a new form and this message appears:

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 14.52.24.png

Based on that, I created a feature request suggesting this option:

My suggestion would be to create a company-managed project. If your project is new and no tickets were created, then the best option would be to use a company-managed for now. 

If tickets were created, you can move the existing tickets to the new project as well.

Please, click on Vote for this issue and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product managers.

Like Nadia Chylak likes this
Nadia Chylak January 12, 2022

Thank you Angélica! I will create a company-managed project instead. My project is brand-new so luckily there is not a whole lot to move ;) 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Allison Stewart October 19, 2022

I am experiencing the same problem that I cannot add Attachment fields to my forms.

I have a company-managed service project. I'm trying to use a form for the portal request to make it more user-friendly for our customers.  

My screens all have the Attachment field on them.  But I cannot add that to my form.

Is this not available for JSM?  If not, then WHEN?  Because it is limiting our user and adoption of Jira.

Thank you.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Amon van Mechelen July 29, 2022

I'm also missing this option in my team-managed project :(

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 10.07.46.jpg

Shawn Giese August 23, 2022

Me too. I think they are saying that attachments are only available in a special type of project... company-managed project. I would have liked to use it with a conditional section but it is not available as a field in forms.  I will try to use it in an actual request form and try to come up with some automation to hide it. 

Allison Stewart October 25, 2022

However, I do have company-managed projects and it's still not available for me in Forms.  I guess it's not available for a service project?  Only software?  I would like to hear an answer from Atlassian on this.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events