Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a specific Sub Task trough out an automation by adding the specific field value

Felix Gelfert March 17, 2022

Snipping_Jira_Tool.PNG

Hi,

when I have already entered "Telefonvertrag/Hauptkarte" in the field "Komponenten" , I would like to be able to subsequently add the value "Multi-Sim" without having to re-create the subtask for the already existing value again. In other words: If I subsequently add the value "Multi-Sim" to the field "Komponenten", I want to get created only this specific sub task.

How can I edit my automation to get there?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

Hi @Felix Gelfert 

to more specify your use case:

• What would be the use case of "Telefonvertrag/Hauptkarte" is there already? Is that value filled within creation of the issue?
  • regarding the field "Components" as it is possible to add 2 values within one action: what should happen if both are added the same time?
  • could it be that only "Multi-Sim" is added (without "Telefonvertrag/Hauptkarte")? Or the other way round (means Multi-Sim is there already but "Telefonvertrag/Hauptkarte" is not)?

This is just for having a clear understanding of the use case as this will affect how the automation rule could look like. 

Best
Stefan

Felix Gelfert March 21, 2022

Hi @Stefan Salzl 

thanks for your reply!

• exactly, usually "Telefonvertrag/Hauptkarte" and "Multi-Sim" are filled within the creation of the issue, but sometimes i have to add one or both of them afterwards.
  • If both of them are added at the same time, then i would like to get both Subtasks
  • "Telefonvertrag/Hauptkarte" and "Multi-Sim" are independent. They can stand alone or together.

Once again, thank you very much for your support!

Felix Gelfert April 16, 2022

Hi @Stefan Salzl ,

do you have a solution for my Problem?

Thank you!

Felix

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2022

Hi @Felix Gelfert 

Please appologize my late response 🙈

So here comes my approach: First of all i would split the requirement into 2 automation rule:

1. when issue is create
2. when value for field "Components" changes

The first rule with trigger "issue created" is built with an if/else block (see screenshot):

- if issue is created with both components --> 2 Tasks created (1 for each component)

image.png

- else if issue is created with one compoent --> create subtask for that component
image.png

- else if issue is created with other component --> create subtask for that component
image.png

2. rule: when value is added to component

image.pngimage.png

Please let me know if this approach would solve your problem.

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2022

Hi @Felix Gelfert 

Even found an easier way for the first rule (on "create issue"). The branch iterates through list of components and adds a subtask for each list item:

image.pngimage.png

Best
Stefan

Felix Gelfert April 21, 2022

Hi @Stefan Salzl ,

thank you very much for your awesome Support!!!

You actually gave me the hint i needed to solve my problem!

I´m using your smart value to run the second rule and it works pretty well.

Best

Felix

This is how i finished it up:

Jira_nachträglich_snipping.PNG

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2022

AWESOME!!! Glad to hear it works now 🙌

If your problem is solved please consider to click "Accept" in order to mark this question as solved and make it easier for the community to find a solution when faced with similar questions.

Best
Stefan

Felix Gelfert April 21, 2022

Done :)

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events