Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add user as site NOT org admin

Ben January 29, 2022

Hi,

I am very confused right now. I want to give a user the status of "site admin" NOT "organization admin".

I am following the steps on this page:
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/
However, users that I put in the "site-admins" group ALWAYS become organization not site-admins.
Now I tried to add a second site to my organization, thinking that you might need multiple sites in an organization to make a user a site-admin. But it does not work either.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

Kind regards,

Ben

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

Hi @Ben 

Your site is in the Improved user management 

Admin.png

Here we can set the product admins such as Jira Admin, Confluence Admin

or make the user as Org admin

there's no site admin in here

Thanks,
Pramodh

Ben January 29, 2022

Ok. And how / when did my site get into the "improved user management" and can I change that again?

Kind regards,

Ben

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

It's not possible as Atlassian is normalising UI for User management.

Like Ben likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2022

Hi Ben,

I am still able to give a user Site Admin permissions. No sure what is different other than we use Atlassian Access.

Also, just curious what you dislike about them becoming an Org Admin. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events