Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add summary to custom field options

Jurgen Tyvaert May 18, 2022

I'm using a custom field "Product" where i have added all our products to where we need to refer to in order to make up an engineering change request.

The custom field "Product" may only contain names of products which have followed a project development workflow. In this workflow i want to automate the final step to add the name of a new product to the custom field "Product". I have tried the ScriptRunner "Copy field values" but with this you can only to this "in the issue" or in related issues. But i want to copy it to the custom field "Product" in general.

Can somebody help me to form a custom script post-function for this? I have zero experience in programming so please help me to find a 100% solution.

Many thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

SR's "copy field values" copies values from issue to issue (or from one field to another inside a single issue).

It sounds to me like your "Product" is a (multi-)select list and you are trying to add options to the list, not actual field values.

Normally, I'd point to https://library.adaptavist.com for this, but there's few "administration" scripts in there (it's a rare use case and usually undertaken by people who are already scripting at an admin level).

From memory, you'll need to make a call to OptionSet.addOption()

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events