cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add automation to tasks created via a form submission

Emily Luehrs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

We have an intake form for folks to request or suggest something to the team and I am trying to create an automation that will run on the task that is created by the form submission to assign the task to someone etc.  I have searched and having found a way to do so?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2024

Hi @Emily Luehrs -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Does your Jira Work Management (JWM) project form create a Jira issue in the project?  If so, you could try an automation rule, triggered on issue created, to perform the assignment.

The key will be to identify the source of the issue was a form.  I believe a label is added with business-form, and that could be checked in the rule to distinguish from other created issues.

To get you started creating your rule, please refer to these documentation and example sources:

For example...

• trigger: issue created
  • action: re-fetch issue (This reloads the issue before the rule proceeds to prevent timing problems.)
  • issue fields condition: labels contains business-form
  • ...more conditions / logic to decide and assign the issue

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS