Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a custom field to one project only

Yaso Bala January 18, 2022

Hello there, hoping someone has an idea or has come across this before. 

We have 10+ active projects. We would like to add a custom field to one project only. 

All 10+ projects use the same schema, so by adding the custom field to that schema, I would end up introducing it to all projects. 

How can I add a custom field to 1x project only?

Please let me know if you need more info, thank you very much in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Further to @Pramodh M advice.
If the screens that you want the custom field on are shared across many projects and you only want one or some of them to have the field, then edit the "Context" and change from Global to "Apply to issues under selected projects" and select the relevant project/s.

cf.png

Yes! Thank you so much @Curt Holley .This is it! 

I was at my wits end, having researched the web. I tried Pramodh's advice and could see it was appearing on our other projects. I then adjusted the context, and can verify it's only showing on the one project. 

You are awesome, thank you so much for popping by and assisting! 🙏🏼

Like Curt Holley likes this
0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Yaso Bala 

The steps are follows

• Add the custom field
  • Choose only the screens where your field should up in the project

Once you create a custom field, you need to follow the below steps in case it's a company managed project

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-a-custom-field-to-a-screen

Use the field configuration in case you need to make the fields you added are required.

Note: If it's Jira Work Management Project, the schemes are not shared, changes you make to a project is only specific to that project.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thanks for your response, @Pramodh M . Most appreciated!

Like Pramodh M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events