Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account session changes depending on url

Min Je Song November 30, 2021

Hi,

I have two accounts with atlassian and I once logged in with each accounts.

When I am logged in with the first account, it changes the account into second one whenever I go to https://mysite.atlassian.net/jira/your-work.

Also, it gives ERROR: IB9B4D if I click the project button from the first page because the second account doesn't have the access to the project.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Welcome to the community!

If you are using the same account on the same browser, there are going to be some problems - Atlassian stuff does not yet have a simple and clear way to use multiple accounts (they're working on it, it has improved, but there is a long way to go yet)

But, the error message you are getting might not be account related.  It looks like a generic error code which Atlassian want you to tell them about because there may be a problem with your Cloud system.

I think you are right.

I logged in with the first one for jira and the second one for bitbucket in the different time but the same browser.

And each case has the problem.

I guess they separated the atlassian login(higher level) and each product login(lower level) but if user used multiple accounts, they have a problem.

I solved the problem using different browser.

Thank you.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Min Je Song 

Welcome to the community!

Does one of these accounts (I suspect the 2nd one) belong to a verified domain?
What that means is, the company that owns those @wherever email addresses has registered with Atlassian that all such email addresses belong to and will be managed by them.

Is the other one a personal account/email address? or THE SAME email address or........???

Two accounts have the same domain name like account1@mysite.com, account2@mysite.com

I logged on only bitbucket with the second account.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2021

I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- (trust me, you can trust Nic), I think you should contact Atlassian. 

Some tests you could do first:

• If not logged in with account 2 (the Bitbucket one), can you login with account 1 with no issue?
  • What about if logged into Account 2 via a different Browser to account 1?

Questions:

Is this two account scenario common where you work? as this may have happened before/there might be a known workaround

Have you discussed with the site Jira admins?

no problems to log in. Just account switch happends when I go to different pages.

I solved the problem using different web browser. 

Thank you.

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events