Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to see JWM and Confluence tasks in one view

dianals December 13, 2022

I have a feeling the answer is going to be this doesn't exist yet, but hoping maybe I just didn't find the right view.

Is there a way for an Atlassian user who is in both Jira Work Management and Confluence to see their tasks from both systems on one screen? Not that they would have to be all in line together, but like a Dashboard view that would show your Confluence tasks, and then another block/view that shows your Jira tasks.

Does that capability exist?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hello @dianals 

Are you working with Cloud products or self-hosted products for Jira and Confluence? Has an Application Link been established between the Confluence and Jira instances?

In Confluence Cloud the person could make a page that includes the Task Report macro and the Jira Issues/Filter macro.

The Task Report can be set to show tasks for a specified person.

With the Jira Issues/Filter macro a filter can be created to retrieve issues assigned to a person.

I don't know if there is a way to pull Confluence tasks into a Jira dashboard.

dianals December 13, 2022

This is the Cloud version of both services. I believe the link has been established. That's promising and I had a feeling it might be that Confluence is where things will get pulled into. That works!

Thanks for the insight and pointing me in the right direction.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

I found a change request in Atlassian's backlog about being able to display Confluence Tasks in Jira. You might want to add your vote to it and a comment explaining your business need.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76418

I also found this:

https://devpost.com/software/confluence-task-dashboard-for-jira

Like dianals likes this
dianals December 15, 2022

Thank you @Trudy Claspill that is incredibly helpful! I lent a comment and a vote on that issue. Checking out the devpost article now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events