Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Test Management approval notification

Hello everyone,

We use Test Management for our QA but when the developer approves a test case, there is no notification to the team or the individual assigned to the case.

How do I configure Jira to notify the QA team when a test case is approved, or can this be done at all?

Thank you!

1 comment

Hi @nasrin_borhanipour

I assume by "approving" a test case, you mean changing it's workflow status to "Approved".

Here are a few examples on how to notify your team about it:

1. Add a custom event called, say "Test Case Approved", edit your workflow and add it to your transition leading to the "Approved" status. Then modify your notification scheme to notify a group of peolpe of your choice.

or

2. Use Automation for Jira to configure a rule that would be triggered when the test case is approved, and would send an e-mail in result to the people you want to notify.

or

3. Configure a dashboard gadget showing approved test cases and ask your team to monitor this dashboard.

There are also other ways to achieve this, but these three should be a good for starters.

Regards,
Radek Cichocki

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Lessons from Vilius Zigmantas’ path to Continuous Process Improvement at GeoComply

“Organizations are made of people who create and follow processes which are constantly changing and are in need to be supported and nurtured… this is the spot where I realized I can br...

1,620 views 9 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you