Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions and answers from the community

Bob Farrell April 21, 2023

Hello, Jira community!

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and support that our diverse community provides. I wanted to raise an issue that I believe could improve the experience for many of us, especially those with neurodiverse conditions like autism and ADHD.

As a neurodiverse individual, I sometimes find it challenging to understand answers provided in the community. This is often due to missing context or a lack of step-by-step instructions. I believe that by making some small adjustments to the way we communicate, we can create a more inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.

Here are a few suggestions:

- Add more context to answers, when possible
 - Provide step-by-step instructions for complex tasks
 - Consider offering alternative formats, such as videos or visual aids
 - Encourage members to ask for clarification if they need more information

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this topic. If you have any ideas for how we can make the Jira community more accessible for neurodiverse users, please share them!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Bob F

2 comments

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

These are some good tips to keep in mind.  Thanks for the feedback!

Bob Farrell April 21, 2023

You're welcome, @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ .  Is there a home on this site for longer articles on such subjects?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events