Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Work Management Projects more robust

Gabriel Leake July 29, 2022

As I understand it, Jira Work Management is targeting people who want to stay in the Jira ecosystem, but have a more simplified and streamlined interface, without the complexity of Jira Software. 

With this in mind, to me there is a glaring missing piece, which is the layer above a project. I could go into detail describing it, but it would be simpler to just point to another project management tool geared toward this audience, such as Asana. 

Here are some points

• I want to see a collapsible list of all work management projects on a left hand side bar.
  • I want a way to view all tasks assigned to me across all projects, while also maintaining the beautiful and slick interface of Jira Work management and the helpful table, board, calendar, and timeline views
  • I want to be able to group projects together into an overarching project. 
  • Filtered lists within the Jira Work Management ecosystem and sharing views.

I understand there would be some complications with combining tasks from multiple projects, since they would have potentially different workflows, etc. This could potentially be solved with the grouping feature I listed. Attributes of projects could optionally be defined at the group level instead of on the project level.

If there are elements of this that are already in place, and I've missed them, I'd love to know, but haven't been able to find any of this yet. 

2 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Hi Gabriel,

Jira Work Management has as it's goal what you describe above. But in addition to that, I would say that Atlassian's thought is that it would be used more for individual teams, and not a tool running all of the business teams together.

That being said, you can probably combine a lot of data together to see in Dashboards and/or Advanced Roadmaps (which requires a Premium subscription). You won't be able to get combined List and Calendars, etc. Though you could create a board that incorporates multiple projects. 

Like Gabriel Leake likes this
roto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2022

Hi Gabriel, 

Thanks for your thorough suggestions and awesome feedback about Jira Work Management! As what @John Funk  said, we started with a goal of making it simpler for business team to work on Jira. However, we are currently exploring ways to scale Jira Work Management across multiple projects, teams, and department. 

As part of the JWM team, I'd love to chat with you both further about your needs and potentially show you some concepts that might solve some of your requirements. 

If you are up for it, feel free to book a time here and I'll schedule up a 45 mins call to better understand you are trying to solve. 

Thanks again and have a great day!

Cheers,

James

Like # people like this
Marion Richardson August 8, 2022

Hi @roto

I'd also love to chat to you about new features in Jira Work Management.

I would like to see a couple of immediate/urgent changes including the ability to use more layers to have Programme > Project > Workstream (Epic/Parent issue) > Tasks (child issues). These need to be as standard option in the scheme. I understand that Jira only has project level so Programme may not be an option, but at least can it be easier to associate a Parent Issue with a Child issue?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my settings, but either way, I'd really appreciate a chat to share feedback too.

Many thanks,

Marion

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events