Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get list of issues from Sprint using rest API

Sourabh Kulkarni February 28, 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using JIRA REST API for Jira for an internal project. I'm interested in finding out if there's a method to retrieve information about issues that were present in a sprint at the time it commenced. Additionally, I would like to know how to obtain details of issues or tickets that were added to the sprint after its initiation.

1 comment

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Hi @Sourabh Kulkarni 

Welcome to the Community!

As far as I know, there is no straight REST API to fetch issues which were in a sprint at the start and which were added later in the sprint. However, what I can suggest is to 

1. Fetch the list of issues in the sprint.
  2. For each issue, fetch the changelog.
  3. Parse the changelog to find when the issue was added to the sprint.
  4. Compare this date to the sprint's start date.

Sorry, it's not a straightforward solution but I don't think there is a better way in out-of-the-box Jira.

Best

Sourabh Kulkarni March 4, 2024

Hello @Tuncay Senturk @

Thank you for your response.

I am looking to retrieve a list of issues within a sprint. Is there an API available for fetching the issues associated with a sprint? If so, I would like to understand if the spillover issues will also be included in the API response.

For instance, suppose we have 10 issues in sprint-1, and at the end of the sprint, 3 issues remain unresolved and are carried over to the next sprint. When I query the issues for sprint-1, will the API return all 10 issues, or only the 7 that were completed and closed within that sprint?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi,

You can use REST API below to retrieve issues in that Sprint

https://<your-instance>.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/<sprint-id>/issue

Sourabh Kulkarni March 5, 2024

Hi, which scope do we need to have for this API and can you please answer my 2nd question on spillovers? And what is instance in URL?

Sourabh Kulkarni March 5, 2024

Hi @Tuncay Senturk, do i need to pass username and password for this API?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2024

You can see details of the REST API here. For your latter question, I'm sorry there is no such information coming from the result of the REST, you need to fetch each issue's changelog

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2024

You can see the introduction section of the same document for authentication.

Sourabh Kulkarni March 11, 2024

Hi @Tuncay Senturk , i have drilled down to use

`/rest/api/3/search?jql=project= ''` this API where I'm using expand = 'changlog', here I want to know are these change logs are all the activities or just a limited list of recent actions. If limited how to fetch all

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2024

It should be all activities without limitation.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events