Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in required field validation

Michael Lucas March 4, 2024

Looking for a more friendly way to display when the Definition of Done is not filled out. Can you give me the logic or configuration on how I can represent a better message instead of this json error.

Validator rule is not satisfied:{"id":0,"level":0,"kind":"rule","operator":"any","children":[{"id":1,"level":1,"kind":"field","name":"issueType","operator":"isNot","value":"Story","operatorPhrase":"is not"},{"id":2,"level":1,"kind":"rule","operator":"all","children":[{"id":3,"level":2,"kind":"customfield","key":"customfield_11114","name":"Definition of Done","operator":"isNotBlank","value":"","operatorPhrase":"is not empty"},{"id":5,"level":2,"kind":"field","name":"issueType","operator":"is","value":"Story"}]},{"id":6,"level":1,"kind":"rule","operator":"all","children":[{"id":7,"level":2,"kind":"field","name":"issueType","operator":"is","value":"Story"},{"id":8,"level":2,"kind":"customfield","key":"customfield_11108","name":"Acceptance Criteria","operator":"isNotBlank","value":"","operatorPhrase":"is not empty"}]}]}

1 comment

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Hi @Michael Lucas and welcome to the Community!

So you added a Validator in a specific workflow? What kind of field is "Definition of Done"? 

Can you provide a screen shot of the Validator?

Usually you are able to define your own error message.

Michael Lucas March 5, 2024

I pasted the text in the chat, this shows up as a pop up with this information 

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2024

@Michael Lucas i understand.

However, It might help to see the underlaying Config. I assume you are the Jira Admin and can therefore check in the corresponding workflow?

Michael Lucas March 6, 2024

I am actually trying to help the Jira admin fix the issue, and offer a solution, but it appears this isnt going to happen in this community chat

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events