Do you have any JWM standard automations that you add to every project? Here is mine..

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Hello all,

My business users are falling in love with Jira Work Management (JWM) very quickly so I appreciate Atlassian for adding Jira Automation to our arsenal. 

That being said, besides for the standard 3 automations you can enable by default, we have started adding one more automation to all new projects.

• When Issue Created - Edit Item -> Set Start Date = {{now}}
  • Start date is only visible on the edit/view screen

What this does is Jira Automation sets the start date of the task / issue to the date of creation. Doing this also allows the user to manipulate the start date (and due date) from the timeline and gives better visibility to the current and upcoming work.

timeline.jpg

Are there any standard automations you create for new projects on your end? Please share!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Unofficial Atlassian TEAM 22 pinball machine fixer.

pinball.jpg

2 comments

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

Based on feedback from the business, the automation above would only really work for projects that don't assign start date during issue creation.

Projects that sometimes assign start date would instead need the following:

• When: Issue created
  • Condition: Start date is empty
  • Edit issue: Start date = {{now}}
Jess Thompson _Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2022

My team does a lot of project-based work which involves other parts of the business, so I have a project rule to set an internal approval submission date (custom field) relative to the overall due date. This internal approval date is what shows on our card previews as our delivery date. 

What it means in practical/business terms is that, if we've written something which needs the eyes of others, we get it to them in plenty of time by calculating and focusing on our deadline, not the overall delivery deadline -- and our colleagues don't end up hating us because we hit them with a rush job every time 😅🙌

It also helps us stay on top of moving pieces: if the due date changes (it happens!), then the approval submission date changes reactively, too!

A small, simple automation: {{duedate.minusBusinessDays(5)}} 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events