Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company-managed business projects boards in Cloud cannot be edited without changing the workflows

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist August 31, 2022

It has come to my attention that Atlassian has decided that it is a good user experience to only allow changing the board columns of company-managed business projects in Cloud by modifying one of the workflows associated to the Issue Types in the project.

In my opinion, this is not only going against the design standard for any of the other project types in Jira (Cloud, Server or DC), but also causing major problems that impact migrations to Cloud and the ability to use company-managed business projects at all in Cloud.

Here are some of the reason I believe this is not a good design and user experience.

• Team-manage projects supports this feature.

• Company-manage software projects support this feature in Server and Cloud.

• If a project contains different workflows for different issues types, which is a very normal use case in a company-managed project, only one workflow can be mapped to the board. How do we track the other workflows in the board? In the current situation, this is not possible.

• Migrations from Server/DC to Cloud are broken because business projects cannot be migrated to a Cloud company-managed business project that lacks of a feature that has always been there.

• In the current scenario, if a column needs to be renamed, the whole workflow needs to be modified as changing the name of a status in the existing workflow will impact globally other workflows in the system. This means that the only way to make this change for a company-managed business projects is by creating a new status with a new name.

It is imperative that Atlassian reconsider the implementation of this feature as most customers cannot use company-managed business projects in Cloud within the current scenario.

What do you think? How do you use company-managed business projects in Cloud?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events