Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcoming new functionality to the Board view in Jira Work Management

Hi Atlassian community,

We hope you’ve had a safe Christmas and a great start to 2022!

We’re kicking off the new year by welcoming a few new features to the Jira Work Management boards. Apart from performance improvements to loading and scrolling times, we’ve added richer functionality to help you work smarter, not harder this year.

Here are a couple of changes we’ve made recently:

View more fields on the cards on your board

Instead of having to click into individual cards to see all of its information, we’re helping you see the important things in a single glance by adding support for more fields to be displayed. Visualise priorities, labels, issue types and others more clearly.

Customise which fields to show or hide

You can now choose what fields appear on the cards, and personalise the information shown across your board. Simply click into the “… More” menu at the top right corner of your board, and click on Customize cards. Here, you’ll be able to choose from a list of fields available in your project to display or hide. And don’t worry, you won’t change this for your team mates who may choose to display different sets of fields! Learn more here.

board-customise-cards.png

Perform quick actions without having to open up each card

Our new year’s resolution is to help you and your team work more productively in Jira Work Management, and one of the ways we’re doing this is by introducing quick actions to the board. Now you can copy links to individual issues and tasks, delete, and move them on your board without clicking into each card to open up the full view.

board-quick-actions.gif

Stay tuned for even more improvements and features to Jira Work Management in 2022. As always, we look forward to your feedback.

4 comments

Marcelo Neves January 24, 2022

"...More" option do not appear in my instance. How can I do that?

Like Jane Yeoh likes this
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2022

Hi @Marcelo Neves ,

I apologise for the delay in my response! This should be shipped to all customers now. Are you able to please see if you can now see this option on your board? 

If not, please reach out to me directly via my email: jyeoh@atlassian.com.

Kind regards,

Jane

Haddon Fisher August 24, 2022

Is there a reason most of the customization options from Agile boards are not present in JWM boards? Thinking of (but not limited to)...

• Modify the board's base filter
  • Quick filters
  • Multiple statuses per column
  • Swimlanes

Making each product use very similar (or in this case, the exact same) terminology to refer to things that look very similar and serve the same purpose, but have entirely different functionality, is not very friendly.

Johnathon Vasiliadis January 3, 2024

@Jane Yeoh Hello! Are you able to offer any more insight into the scope of the card customization feature?

For instance, are the card customizations meant to be applied only per-project? per-user? per-team/company project?

We have been using the feature, and it recently seems to only stick for each individual project, and the choices do not translate from one project to the next, (even if all of the same fields are available). However, this was not the case a few weeks ago.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events