Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year of Jira Work Management updates 🎆 Board grouping, integrated release calendars, and more

We’re kicking 2023 off with exciting new features in your Jira Work Management projects.

Board grouping

Get more insight into ongoing work by customizing your boards. Now you can visualize tasks not only based on Status, but also on Priority, Assignee, and Category.

Board Grouping.gif

Coming soon: Faster selection in list view

Manage the items in your lists with fewer clicks. Need to copy or delete multiple tasks? Select them to take action and get organized right away. That leaves you with more time to collaborate as a team and make an impact.

Bulk selection.gif

💡Check out that shift + select action!

Coming soon: Integrated calendars with Jira Software

Coordinating work between business and software teams takes expert planning, consistent communication, and lots of alignment. Make it easier by adding release dates from Jira Software directly to your Jira Work Management calendars.

Choose a Jira Software project to add and you’ll get a synced view of upcoming releases in your workspace. That means less check-in pings, status meetings, and back and forth.

Software release calendar integration.gif

Sneak peeks

We’ve got Slack integration and filtering improvements on the horizon. Stay tuned for more details!

What are you most excited about this month? Let us know below 👇

35 comments

Daniel Filous
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Can't wait for the integrated calendar!! 

Like # people like this
Fúlvio Carvalhido January 23, 2023

Board Grouping awesome 

Like # people like this
Yoni Az January 23, 2023

So glad to see the Trello UI finally integrated into Jira. Can't wait!

Like # people like this
Ericka Loveland January 23, 2023

So excited to be able to group by assignee! I was just asking a co-worker about this the other day!

Like # people like this
Thiago Vinícius January 23, 2023

Board grouping not visible for business project type (team-managed). 

Like # people like this
Jo-Lee Bertrand January 23, 2023

Updates coming to software projects?

Like # people like this
Paul Howard January 23, 2023

Board Grouping seems only available for Team Managed projects, as I'm not seeing in our Company Managed project Software Project boards, which is 95% of our projects. @Abby Stiris , can you clarify project types this applies to, as there are questions.

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 23, 2023

Will Calendar integration ONLY come in Team Managed/Work Management projects, or will Calendar integration also work with Company Managed Projects as well......

Inquiring minds want to know @Abby Stiris 

Like # people like this
Judy Meigel January 23, 2023

Board Grouping seems only available for Team Managed projects, as I'm not seeing in our Company Managed project Software Project boards, which is 95% of our projects. @Abby Stiris , can you clarify project types this applies to, as there are questions.

Like # people like this
Frédéric Beaudoin January 23, 2023

How do people manage to work across multiple projects without a global view?

Maybe I'm missing something, but we usually work on multiple projects in a single week, how can we properly plan our work?

Like # people like this
Nicole Downes January 23, 2023

I have encountered some problems with the board grouping.  One JWM company managed project has all the staff using it.  When I group by assignee it shows assignees that have left the company (inactive), assignees that no longer have any open work assigned to them, (so there is nothing to see when you expand the grouping) and doesn't show everyone, just the first 50 names alphabetically.  

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2023

Thanks for your comments everyone! Board grouping is still rolling out but should be available for both team-managed and company-managed projects in JWM. If you're not seeing it yet, stay tuned! Thanks for your patience.

Like # people like this
Sue January 23, 2023

Board Grouping, can't wait! 

Like # people like this
Epsa Katahra January 23, 2023

Amazingly amazing!! Can't wait to start using them in the daily business!!

Like # people like this
Giacomo Lupini January 24, 2023

In Jira Work Management, will we able to integrate only software project calendar?

David Cruz January 24, 2023

We will have the tasks grouped by epics in the timeline of the Management projects bug fixed?

Like # people like this
Armando Porretta January 24, 2023

I think this would be really useful to have on Jira Software - could this be done? 

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

This is a great feature.

Like # people like this
dmitry.gil January 24, 2023

Great features.

Will it be possible to select just one JSW calendar to be displayed in JWM? Or multiple as well. Really would like to be able to select multiple because one business team can work with dozens of SW projects.

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2023

Great feedback everyone, thank you!! Sharing your questions with our product team.

Manikanta A M January 24, 2023

Thank you team, insightful article. Board grouping feature is amazing. 

Any forecasting date, by when we can expect to see in this feature.

Like # people like this
Sudhendu Kopergaonkar January 24, 2023

Group by Assignee is simply great!

Like # people like this
Daniel January 25, 2023

Integration with google calendar would be the most useful. let's keep pushing 💪🏼

Like # people like this
Tomas Tittl January 29, 2023

Hi Guys, maybe a silly question, but how can I change a view of the left bar ? I preferred the old version where I could see Roadmap, Board, Kanban or Active Sprints, etc... Thank you

dmitry.gil January 30, 2023

Is Board grouping available for all?

BTW I still don't see a feature that was announced few weeks ago - backlog for calendar/list view

Like Manikanta A M likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events