Jira Work Management product demo and overview

Updated June 29th, 2021

Hello everyone,

Welcome to a quick demo of Jira Work Management, a friendly and powerful work management tool for business teams such as marketing, operations, HR, design, legal, finance, sales, and more. Watch the video to learn more about some of the new features we've added such as:

- List view (with in-line editing, filters, sorting, ranking, and more)
- Calendar view (with one-click task creation, date expansions, filtering, and more)
- Timeline view (with drag handles, nested tasks, filters, export as an image, and upcoming dependency mapping)
- Board view (with filtering, search, drag-and-drop, and status categories)
- Forms (with drag-and-drop, field renaming, rich text editor, and preview)

We hope you enjoy Jira Work Management! For feature ideas and recommendations, please find the "Give feedback" option in the left navigation of any Jira Work Management project (also called Business projects).

For more information about Jira Work Management you can visit:
Try it free today
Business project basics
Jira Work Management FAQ
Pricing
Features
Homepage

Cheers!

Chase & the JWM team

9 comments

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Thanks @Chase Wilson for this demo!

Like Chase Wilson likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Chase Wilson 

These are all great new features.....and all of them appear to be working (in my instance) except certain Timeline features (nesting, grab handles). Any idea why?

I have tested on a generic JWM project and also on one with customised issue types and workflow. Which leads to, will the nesting work for Epic to "Custom story level issue type" as well as Task to sub-task?

Regards

Curt

Like # people like this
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2021

Hey @Curt Holley , I cheated a bit and showed off an instance with features going live later this week, sorry! Coming in a few days.

Epic nesting is something we're considering for the next improvement, feel free to email me at cwilson@atlassian.com if you want to chat through the use case for that.

Like Kelly Drozd likes this
Brandon Fish July 8, 2021

When can we expect the ability for users to create these projects themselves for those of us with Jira Software?

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

Hey @Brandon Fish , any Jira admin of a Jira Software instance can create business projects (aka Jira Work Management projects). As for the ability for non-admins to create them, right now we've enabled this functionality for instances that only have Jira Work Management enabled. Any instance with Jira Software or Jira Service Management will need to contact their admin to create a project.

Brandon Fish July 12, 2021

@Chase Wilson Yes, is that a permanent decision not to allow us as administrators of a Jira Software platform to allow non-admins to create Jira Work Management projects?  So if all 1000+ of my users want a personal to-do project, I have to field all of those requests?

I can see why as an admin we might want some control, if only to enforce some sort of project key naming scheme, but I don't see how that problem would go away if you were only using JWM.

Can we at least grant project creation to a group or groups? 

Kathryn Minczuk October 19, 2021

@Chase Wilson Would it be possible for you to post a demo going into more detail on dashboards and reports? Specifically how to customize them and explain any limitations? Thanks!

Like Gian Brackin likes this
Erick Miranda Márquez April 18, 2022

Is there someplace where we can have sample Jira Work Management projects to import or create a new one with sample data?

Elizabeth Johnson October 12, 2022

You make Jira work management look amazing, thank you for the demo.
Could you please direct me to a link that will show me the basics please?
For example, when we add user fields to a form, it isn't connected to a data source. We need to know how to connect to our data.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events