A new and improved Summary page in Jira Work Management

Hi Atlassian community,

I’m excited to announce an improvement we are currently shipping in Jira Work Management - a new and improved summary page. We know that reporting and business intelligence is important when managing work and projects, particularly for Business teams. As we continue to grow the product, we will be looking for more and more ways to enhance this capability.

The summary page has been re-designed to give you a glimpse into how a project is tracking as well as business performance and workload distribution across team members. Each widget/chart provides an easy to digest overview, with the ability to click through to the breakdown of work items.

image (1).png

Key sections of the new Summary page include:

• Overview cards - these cards provide an overview of recent activity within the project by displaying the number of issues that have been completed, updated and created in the last 7 days as well as the number of issues due in the next 7 days.

• Status Overview - this chart shows a summary of the status of tasks in the project. This is based on the status assigned to each task as it moves through the workflow of the project. Only tasks which have been completed in the last 2 weeks will appear in the done count.

• Priority breakdown - this bar chart displays a count of tasks by priority, enabling you to see the relative importance of the remaining work in the project, to ensure the team is working on the highest priority items.

• Team workload - this count and percentage distribution of tasks by assignee makes it easy to understand the distribution of work across the team, enabling you to assess team health and ensure individual team members aren’t overloaded.

• Other projects (soon to become Related projects) - easily view and access other Jira projects (Software, Service Management and/or Business projects), which you have worked on over the last 30 days. This tile will be enhanced in the upcoming weeks to display related projects which any of the project team members have worked on.

We will be rolling this new Summary page out to 100% of instances over the coming weeks and we would love to hear your feedback, including any suggestions to improve the value this page offers for you and your team.

33 comments

Jonathan Rice Madden May 17, 2022

Hi, will the sections be customisable in the future?

It would be nice to be able to add our own filters to dashboards - Summary page tailored specifically for the weekly reports we require.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Carlos Viscarra May 17, 2022

This looks amazing. Just noticed this post is for Jira Work Management. 

Does something already exist for Jira Software Projects?

-Carlos

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Looks cool! 

Does it replace the Jira Gadgets?

Like # people like this
Anat Menachemy May 18, 2022

Great and useful. it would be great to have the summery for multiple projects (seeing workload etc.. )

Like # people like this
Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Jonathan Rice Madden  - will take your feedback on board about customisation

@Carlos Viscarra - there is no Summary page for Software projects, but you can use reports or dashboards 

@AJ - Gadgets/dashboards are still available, the Summary page has no impact on these

@Anat Menachemy - yes, I see the value in that! Multiple projects within JWM is something we are exploring at the moment :) 

Like # people like this
Gia Jgarkava June 16, 2022

Thanks for this update! Getting in love with JWM more and more.

Agree with the requests above - summary customization and a multi-project summary will be really beneficial addition.

Like # people like this
Deleted user June 24, 2022

Is it possible to customize? 

Like # people like this
Gabriel Leake June 30, 2022

How is a project defined as a related project?

Like Eduardo Oliveira likes this
Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2022

Hi @[deleted] - a related project is a project where a user from your current project has been active in the last 30 days (respecting project permissions). To be active in a project, the user must have performed at least one action - mainly create/edit/change an issue/task.

Like Gabriel Leake likes this
Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2022

Not at this stage @[deleted] but it is something we will look into

Like Jordin likes this
Nino Russo Londoño July 1, 2022

Hi, This has just been released but the page that I get only shows me my summary not the teams. I am also not able to create this page for a different project. Is this something we can do ourselves?

Sara Di Meglio July 1, 2022

Hi @Loretta Brunette :) This is really nice

Will this feature be available in Jira Software as well ?

Like # people like this
Claire Lowry-Hubball July 1, 2022

This would be great in Jira Software

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2022

Hi @Nino Russo Londoño  - at this stage, the Summary page is "auto generated" at the project level and cannot be customised. But it is something we will explore in the future

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2022

Hi @Sara Di Meglio and @Claire Lowry-Hubball - I have passed on this feedback to the Jira Software team :) 

Like Jordin likes this
renato July 6, 2022

That is awesome @Loretta Brunette  :D !

Wondering if there is a plan to release "Summary page" for Software Projects as well? Not sure if that is what Sara mentioned on the comment above...

If there is such possibility I would love to be part of the beta team to test :) 

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2022

Hi @renato - there are no current plans to bring this Summary page to Software projects but the relevant team are aware of the requests/feedback and it is something they are investigating for future consideration. 

In the interim, have you checked out Insights in Jira Software? Maybe this could help with some of your data insight needs 

Like renato likes this
Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2022

Hello there, community 👋🏻  -  Dropping by to share an exciting alternative solution for your reporting needs - Mindpro Insights, a Jira cloud app designed for technical and non-technical projects and business teams. 🧑🏻‍💻

This is a cloud app built for Jira that allows you to build, customize and save interactive reports in seconds using pre-build gadgets that bring up instant data from all your Jira projects (Software, Service Management, and Work Management)

Give it a spin, it might work for you - Cheers, Eduardo from the Mindpro team. 👋🏻

Like Gia Jgarkava likes this
Gabriel Leake July 25, 2022

@Loretta Brunette Thanks! It would be helpful to have a way to manually relate projects on the summary page. Maybe I have a larger seasonal campaign, for example, and want to connect it to subset campaigns.

Like Loretta Brunette likes this
Rajeesh R Nair July 26, 2022

@Loretta Brunette how to activate the summary page for an old project?

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2022

Hi @Rajeesh R Nair - the Summary page is only available for Business projects and not Software or Service project. For Business project, this is a default feature and no configuration or activation is needed. You can see your project type (Business, Software or Service) under the project name in the top left of the sidebar.

Hope this helps

Like Rajeesh R Nair likes this
Jordin August 25, 2022

I know I would benefit from customization of this page as well as the ability to create custom boards associated with the project.

Currently have to deploy a work around and it gets a bit messy going that route.

Jo-Lee Bertrand September 2, 2022

How long does it take the related projects to populate? I have two projects that I am on, with tasks assigned to me, but nothing yet showing up in related.

Like marcs_wilkinson likes this
Deleted user October 17, 2022

Hi,

In the Recent activity panel (in Summary page), after creating a new ticket, it shows as it was created yesterday even though it was created a few minutes ago.

Any idea why I'm having this issue?

Thanks for the help!

tom January 24, 2023

Hey, can we customize this summary board to add in our own widgets from confluence? Hoping to add the Project Kickoff template as a widget.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events