• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • when delete a board in greenhopper the sprint reports are gone. when a new one is created the sprint reports are back

when delete a board in greenhopper the sprint reports are gone. when a new one is created the sprint reports are back

Flavius Nopcea November 21, 2012

Hi,

If I delete a board all the data is lost. If I create a new board I get the reports back as they are linked to that board.

How is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hi Flavius,

GreenHopper Board follow this role:

Board = Filter

So means that any board you create, is actually a filter created, so if you delete a board, you need to delete also the filter associated with so you can completely delete the sprints.

Hope it helps !

Cheers,

Omar

still, I do not get it.

Yes, once I delete the board the filter still remains. But once I create a new board and go the the report tab I see the reports that were created in the deleted tab. How is the filter linked to the sprints? And there is no way to see the old sprints UNTIL I create a new tab.

What is the logic in all this?

Thank you

OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Flavius,

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The Sprints all linked to the issues, means if you want to delete the Sprint with the Sprint report, you need to delete the sprints from the issue.

Just want to clarify your questions, are you asking here that your sprints are lost and you want them back or you want completly to delete the sprints data ?

Rgds,

Hi,

thanks for you answer:

my scenario is like this: I create a board, I create 3 sprints in that board and complete them. Then I decide to delete the board. So I do not have any board anymore. There is no way to see the information regarding the completed sprints (sprint report, velocity chart, etc)

Then, I create a new board. In that board I go to the report section and I suddenly see the information about the 3 sprint that were completed. This does not seem logic to me. you can not see the reports without having a board.

so my conclusion is like this: when you delete a board the sprint data is not deleted. but you can not see the sprint reports without having at least one board. Do you find this ok?

Thank you

Suggest an answer