when I want to add a team member to a board it says no matches

Alison Saunders March 10, 2021

I am trying to add a team member to a board and it says "no matches".  There is one incorrect listing that I am also trying to delete.  I am find this very non intuitive.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hello @Alison Saunders 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Classic project or a Next Gen project.

Can you tell us the exact steps you are executing and provide a screen image?

Hmmm, I am very, very new and actually don't know.  Is there like a baby level intro?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

If the project is Next Gen it will say so at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Hi, okay yes it is Next Gen.  Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

So, by default Next Gen projects are open to all users of the JIRA instance, as shown in this image (found by going to Project Settings > Access)

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.17.36 PM.png

You should not needs to explicitly add a user unless you have changed the project access.

Is the other person having trouble access the project? Has the other person been added as a user to the JIRA site?

I am trialling Jira for the rest of the team and only have one other user...I will check.  Thanks very much for your patience.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2021

Hello @Alison Saunders,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I can see that you are using Cloud Free and I would like to add that, on a Free site, anyone with a license will be an administrator of the projects.

I believe that you are trying to add a new user directly to a board, but first, it’s necessary to invite them to the site and after that, they will be able to view the board. 

Please, go to Cog icon > User management and invite the person. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 16.41.14.png

It’s not necessary to add them to the board after that, if you assign an issue to them, they will be automatically listed there. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events