what is the difference between jsu automation suite and Automation for JIRA

StephanieC March 20, 2023

So we subscribe to JSU and have most of our complex workflows using it... what is different / conflicts wit hthe latest JIRA release that includes Automation for JIRA? 

It looks like it has similar application but Ill need to know on a granular level 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

Hi @StephanieC .

JSU Automation Suite and Automation for JIRA are both apps that provide automation functionality for JIRA workflows.

However, there are some differences between them:

• JSU Automation Suite is a paid app that offers more than 30 workflow conditions, validators and post functions. It also integrates with other apps like Email This Issue and Elements Connect. 
  • Automation for JIRA is a free app that allows you to create rules based on triggers, conditions and actions. It also integrates with other tools like Slack and Microsoft Teams. 

Both apps have their own advantages and disadvantages depending on your use case and preferences.

StephanieC March 20, 2023

Thanks ! We just need to understand whether Automation for JIRA would replace JSU Automation Suite and it looks like it doesnt. 

yaron June 4, 2023

@StephanieC 
Can you please share some of the scenarios which you couldn't resolve with the built automation in Jira cloud?

Regards,

Yaron 

StephanieC June 5, 2023

We run Server/ migrating to Data Center - not running Cloud. Im not sure which scenarios would work in one but not the other because we have had JSU from Day 1 on Server... so I dont know what one does vs the other - that was my question :-) 

ksm January 17, 2024

@StephanieC I have the same question that you asked almost a year ago! I hope that you managed to migrate to Jira DC and could now tell whether automation for Jira could replaced JSU or not. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Regards,

--Kizito

Suggest an answer