what is the best process to migration from 3.13 version to latest version?

siva prasad October 25, 2020

Hello community,

we are currently using 3.13 version software, our requirements is we want upgrade to latest stable version. So please provide possible way.

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2020

You will need to step through a LOT of versions to get that up-to-date.  I would strongly recommend finding a partner who has people who have performed upgrades on Jiras that old, it can be very complex and tricky and you'll probably want your users to have some support on the vast amount of change you're about to cause to their systems.

But, just as a starting point, you will want to take the route 3.13 -> 4.0 -> 4.highest -> 5.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.0 -> 7.13 -> 8.target

You must not skip any of those versions (although there is some wiggle room on the exact versions - you could go 6.3 instead of 6.4, any version of 5 could be used, you could use 7.8 or above instead of 7.13).  When you do your test runs, you may find you have to add additional ones in though, when upgrading the databases, or java versions.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2020

3.13 Jira? That is really old and from what I read will require multiple upgrade steps but haven’t done myself so can’t definitely declare that. I recommend this doc - upgrading-jira-applications 

Suggest an answer