what is the alternate BI tools for JIRA except eazyBI

Susant Rout July 9, 2018

I have tried to do reporting with eazyBI which failed lot of scenario saying your report is complex , though i could built the report but it fails executing as it takes longer time on cloud which has limit for 60 secs.

let me know if you know any other BI tool which can generate complex reports without failing, i saw Power BI but for that we need another API service to run, can we use Tableau  or some better BI tools like that ?

3 answers

0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2020

@Susant Rout  @Tanya Gordon I suggest taking a look at Analytics and Reports by Screenful. It brings several new chart types such as line charts, dual axis line charts, scatter plot, stacked bar charts, and multi-bar charts. Feature include: 

- Mix & match data across Classic and Next-gen projects
- New List view chart for creating reports of issues
Export or share with a public link
- Compare multiple metrics in one chart (e.g. estimate vs actual)
- Advanced charts including multi-bar charts and dual axis line charts
- Track any of your custom fields, including the new Next-gen fields
- Easy to use editor, no coding or complex query language needed

custom1.png

0 votes
Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2018

Hi @Susant Rout,

We had the same problem with oue EazyBI. We've found 2 ways to deal with to complex reports that cannot complete within the defined timeout:

1) Define separate accounts to lower the total amount of data in the cube.

2) We've made some calculations in Jira using script runner and custom calculated fielda to avoid complex calculations in EazyBI. This way part of the complexity is taken out of the report so it takes less time.

Hope this helps you to sort this out... IllI be happy to answer more questions if needed.

1. Tanya.
0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

I'd ask eazyBI Support about this issue. They may provide you with some indications to minimize the required time.

Susant Rout July 10, 2018

thanks for suggestion, i did follow up with they , they tried and finally gave up saying its too complex to execute within 60 sec cloud instance.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2018

Sorry to hear that...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events