since i am a project manager for my company and i know that Jira is a really powerful project management tool, i would like to know what 3rd party plugin do i need to add into get the feature that i want for managing projects?
1. easy editable project schedule
2. timesheet tracking
3. set up different folders to store projects. e.g. project formation folder for projects in formation stage, project execution folder for project that are executing
4. gantt chart
5. overview of all projects on one page with details
Hi, @leo ho. There's already some great info. and connections here about one product, Big Picture, but there are lots of things you may consider for your list.
1. What may be best for you for "easy project schedule" depends a lot on whether you are primarily concerned with planning or managing in-flight projects. The "big three" (most popular) are Advanced Roadmaps from Atlassian, Structure for Jira from ALM Works (my employer) and the aforementioned Big Picture. You may want to have a look at EasyAgile Roadmaps.
You may wish to try this search, too, as Gantt is often a good tool for visual scheduling: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=gantt
2. For timesheet tracking, Tempo Timesheets is far-and-away the Atlassian Marketplace leader in this category.
3. Unfortunately, I can only speak for my company's product - Structure includes a Folders feature. (Others may have it, too.)
4. See the Gantt search above.
5. See #1.
Best of luck to you. I hope this helps.
-dave [ALM Works]
Hi @leo ho ,
if you're still looking for a Gantt-like solution to track your projects on portfolio level you can check our latest version of Swanly. It's a cheaper and simpler alternative to Advanced roadmaps without too much configuration overhead.
It allows you to create cross-project roadmaps and also generates reports for your key activities (like epics or releases).
I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help with anything,
Nikki from Jexo
Hi @leo ho
I'm Leo Díaz, Head of Products from DEISER (Atlassian Solution & Marketplace partner). I will try to answer your question on every point:
1. easy editable project schedule: if your Jira projects are Projects you can use Projectrak to schedule your projects and tracking into the app. If your Jira projects are issues BigPicture or Structure could be a good solution.
2. timesheet tracking: Tempo Timesheet is a good solution
3. set up different folders to store projects. e.g. project formation folder for projects in formation stage, project execution folder for project that are executing: Projectrak could help you to categorise and organise your projects.
4. gantt chart: BigPciture or Biggantt, Structure or GanttChart plugin. These 3 are good options.
5. overview of all projects on one page with details: All apps mentioned offer different views of projects, even eazyBI or Dashboard Hub for Jira could give you advanced reports in order to have a better overview of your projects.
Finally, if your Jira projects are Projects I recommend you to use Projectrak together with other apps for the Gantt Chart or Time Tracking.
Hope it helps!
I would suggest you get the BigPicture enterprise solution for the project management activities you highlighted above. Link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215158/bigpicture-enterprise?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Hi @leo ho ,
If your current projects are in Jira you actually can.
Since @Fabian Lim mentions BigPicture, you can see it as a layer above Jira. While it has a lot of Project and Portfolio management features, the scope of your issues (will still come from Jira).
You can add artificial tasks in your project plan too but the main source of information would be from within your Jira projects.
Besides Big Picture there are few other options too.
I personally am a fan of BigPicture due to their flexibility and the ability to also import from Microsoft Project files.
Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events