what 3rd party plugin should I add for project management?

leo ho July 5, 2021

since i am a project manager for my company and i know that Jira is a really powerful project management tool, i would like to know what 3rd party plugin do i need to add into get the feature that i want for managing projects?

1. easy editable project schedule

2. timesheet tracking

3. set up different folders to store projects. e.g. project formation folder for  projects in formation stage, project execution folder for project that are executing

4. gantt chart

5. overview of all projects on one page with details

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Hi, @leo ho.  There's already some great info. and connections here about one product, Big Picture, but there are lots of things you may consider for your list.

1. What may be best for you for "easy project schedule" depends a lot on whether you are primarily concerned with planning or managing in-flight projects.  The "big three" (most popular) are Advanced Roadmaps from Atlassian, Structure for Jira from ALM Works (my employer) and the aforementioned Big Picture. You may want to have a look at EasyAgile Roadmaps.

You may wish to try this search, too, as Gantt is often a good tool for visual scheduling: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=gantt   

2. For timesheet tracking, Tempo Timesheets is far-and-away the Atlassian Marketplace leader in this category.

3. Unfortunately, I can only speak for my company's product - Structure includes a Folders feature. (Others may have it, too.)

4. See the Gantt search above.

5. See #1.

Best of luck to you. I hope this helps.

-dave [ALM Works]

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Looks like @Leo Diaz _ DEISER  and I were answering at the same time, with a lot of the same info.  ;) 

I suppose that's a good thing. 

3 votes
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2021

Hi @leo ho ,

if you're still looking for a Gantt-like solution to track your projects on portfolio level you can check our latest version of Swanly. It's a cheaper and simpler alternative to Advanced roadmaps without too much configuration overhead.

swanly-roadmap-charts-marketing.png

It allows you to create cross-project roadmaps and also generates reports for your key activities (like epics or releases). 

You can read more about creating cross-project roadmaps in 📚 our latest community post or 🎥 watch a short video on youtube.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help with anything,

Nikki from Jexo

2 votes
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2021

Hi @leo ho 

I'm Leo Díaz, Head of Products from DEISER (Atlassian Solution & Marketplace partner). I will try to answer your question on every point:

1. easy editable project schedule: if your Jira projects are Projects you can use Projectrak to schedule your projects and tracking into the app. If your Jira projects are issues BigPicture or Structure could be a good solution.

2. timesheet tracking: Tempo Timesheet is a good solution

3. set up different folders to store projects. e.g. project formation folder for  projects in formation stage, project execution folder for project that are executing: Projectrak could help you to categorise and organise your projects.

4. gantt chart: BigPciture or Biggantt, Structure or GanttChart plugin. These 3 are good options.

5. overview of all projects on one page with details: All apps mentioned offer different views of projects, even eazyBI or Dashboard Hub for Jira could give you advanced reports in order to have a better overview of your projects.

Finally, if your Jira projects are Projects I recommend you to use Projectrak together with other apps for the Gantt Chart or Time Tracking.

Hope it helps!

Leo

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2021

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the mention! @leo ho if you need further information about Dashboard Hub for Jira, just let me know.

By the way, we're working on an integration with Projectrak right now!!

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2021

Hi @leo ho ,

If your current projects are in Jira you actually can.

Since @Fabian Lim mentions BigPicture, you can see it as a layer above Jira. While it has a lot of Project and Portfolio management features, the scope of your issues (will still come from Jira).

You can add artificial tasks in your project plan too but the main source of information would be from within your Jira projects.

Besides Big Picture there are few other options too.

Since you are on Cloud, if you go for a premium subscription you can have Advanced Roadmaps , or if you want another app you can also look things like Structure

I personally am a fan of BigPicture due to their flexibility and the ability to also import from Microsoft Project files.

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2021

Hi Leo,

I would suggest you get the BigPicture enterprise solution for the project management activities you highlighted above.  Link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215158/bigpicture-enterprise?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

For timesheets use tempo: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/tempo-timesheets-time-tracking-reports?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Regards,

Fabian

leo ho July 5, 2021

but i couldnt integrate big picture enterprise with my all current projects

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2021

Hi @leo ho

The basic product is BigPicture; BIgPicture Enterprise adds more features. 
Could you describe what problem did you faced? I will gladly help you go through Initial Configuration.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer