we do not see deferred defects in the backlog.

chandrakanth prasadam December 17, 2020

Hi 

For one of my project, we do not see deferred defects in the backlog. Is this because the system looks at the status as a ‘closed’ status?

I’m not sure if they automatically move to backlog.  Any advise or work around solution.

Regards,

Chandrakanth

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Can you explain what “deferred” defects are? I assume that these are Issues that have in some manner been flagged as deferred? If so by what method are they flagged? Status, label, custom field?

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hello,

I can see several reasons why it wouldn't appear in your Backlog :

• Check from your Board Settings => General that the Board query included the desired Jira status
  • If you're working in a Kanban with Backlog board, go to the Board Settings => Columns and check that the correct status is put in the "Backlog" part

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

chandrakanth prasadam December 18, 2020

Hi Guilhem,

Thanks for the inputs.

I can see in the Boards- for project  is karban borad- i have went to Columns- and i can see karbon blacklog and 3 columns -todo/inprogress/done. Under inprogress cloumn i can see the deffered status,.

how they move to backlog?

regards,

Chandrakanth

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events