user not find the delete option for subtask issue under more option.

bangaru ganesh March 31, 2021

user not find the delete option for subtask issue under more option.  Please help me on this. thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

It is extremely risky to enable the Delete Issue permission. When an issue is deleted it is permanently gone. There is no "undo" option to get it back.

You would be much better off instead have a status in your workflow to use for issues that you would want to delete. That minimizes the risk that an issue is deleted by mistake.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Map that deleted status into the last column on the board too, this will mean your sprint sees the issue as "done", so its parent can be marked done too, then you can close the sprint.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hello @bangaru ganesh ,

We have only "Delete Issues" permissions for entire project.

image.png

Please check that users have that permission or not.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

In addition to the permissions, you will also need to click into the sub-task to delete it, there's no 'delete sub-task' option from the parent task

supriya deshmukh September 6, 2022

Hello,

I am the site and org admin for my project. But I cant find delete option for my subtask which was created unnecessarily. I need to delete it since I can’t complete the sprint without deleteing that subtask. Its already in wasted state so cant move it to done now. please help?

supriya deshmukh September 6, 2022

done!!  granted delete issues access through project permissions.

Suggest an answer