unable to get emailaddress from custom field for multi user picker

Muthukarunakaran_Dharmaraj May 13, 2021

Hi,

I am facing an issue getting an email address for multi user picker custom field.

The following is the code snipped from atlassian site but it doesn't given an email address

{{#issue.users}} {{displayName}} ({{emailAddress}}) {{/}}

Please note: users is a multi user picker custom field.

My use case is, once the users custom field selected with users, i shall be able to sent an email to them.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2021

HI @Muthukarunakaran_Dharmaraj ,

Are you referring to a team-managed (formerly next-gen) project? If so, you might have run into https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1830

Muthukarunakaran_Dharmaraj May 17, 2021

Hello,

Yes you are very correct. My project is a team-managed project. Thanks for sharing the link, but i am unable to get anything from the link. It looks the defect is raised and no resolution yet. Is that right?.

Regards,

Muthu

0 votes
Suprija Sirikonda _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Muthukarunakaran_Dharmaraj ,

You can use Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) add-on for your requirement.

To send email to users in a multi user picker field, add "Email issue(s) (JMWE app) " post-function on the desired transition. Under "Recipients", in "Users in field(s):" select the multi user picker field : 

JMWE Email.png

In the above screenshot, the email will be sent to users in the "Developers" multi user picker field.

Refer to our documentation : Email issue(s) (JMWE app)

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Suprija

Hi Suprija,

Thank you for your time to respond with details. Since, JMWE app is a licensed and we will not be able to go with this. Is there any other way which we can get the emailAddress through SMART values?. By the way I am using next-gen project. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Muthu

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

As you are using team-managed (formerly next-gen) project - there is an open bug for the issue - https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1830

Thanks,

Suprija

Hi Suprija,

Thanks for the response and point to the bug. It looks the bug is open on last year Jan 2020 and no resolution to this.  Do you have any idea? when would this defect fixed (sorry in case if i have asked the wrong question). 

The reason for asking this is, in my project i have many custom field which are single user picker list and multi user picker list for which I need an email address. If this bug is fixed this would save my time. Thank you.

Regards,

Muthu  

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2021

For updates on the bug fix, you would need to reach out to Atlassian Support and they'll be able to provide you the ETA for the bug fix release.

Thanks,

Suprija

Suggest an answer