unable to create issues

Michelle Greenfield August 19, 2019

I am new to this. I changed a field from required to optional then I changed it back again and now it's preventing all users to create issues. I don't know what I might have done in the process that it's now not allowing any issues to be created.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 19, 2019

Hi @Michelle Greenfield ,

Can you share the error message, if you are seeing any on the UI while creating the issue? You can also see the logs, this will show you where exactly it is blocking. If you can share these details, it will be easy to debug the issue.

Thanks,

Sravya

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Be careful with making fields required. Rarely do you want to do this. Rather you should consider adding a Validator to the specific project workflow as part of a specific transition, e.g. Create. If you make a field required and it is used by multiple projects then you must expose that field on every screen so that the user can then set the field when creating an issue.

0 votes
Prashant August 19, 2019

Hi Michelle,

Provide any default value to the field and try to create the issue.Because as you made the field mandatory the field need value then the ticket will be created.

Please let me known once its done.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Prashant

Deleted user August 20, 2019

@Prashant.He changed the field from required to optional... I guess it is not about the mandatary field if it is changed to optional.

Thanks,

Sravya

Suggest an answer