trying to use insight object schema automation and grab values from fields in the object

Matt parker May 18, 2022

I am trying to have an asset object type field that is a text field (i.e. I have an object schema called X and inside that an object type called Y and inside Y I have a name field) and I want the name field to automatically update anytime the object Y is updated, but I also want the object Y name to pull from the objects category and serial number fields. I tried using the object schema automation to update the name field and I got that working but none of the query language I tried will pull the values of the category and serial number from the object.. Is there any way to do something like this?

Hopefully this all makes sense but in short I am wondering what language to use inside of the value set field when doing an automation change to an insight object field where I want that value to change to something that exists in another field of that object already.

UPDATE: I figured out in the value section if you use ${name of field} it returns the value of the field from the item looked at (in my case the item that has just been updated). 

0 answers

Suggest an answer