Hi - We have a sprint with all tasks in Done column of the board. The done column consists of status like QA Complete, Done and Ready for Deployment. When we try to complete the sprint, I get a pop-up saying 16 pending tasks and gives option to move them to next sprint or backlog. Since all tasks are in DONE column, I am not sure why I am getting this error. Can someone please help.
Hello @Saurabh Kapoor
Welcome to the community.
Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Do the issues in the Done column include any Sub-tasks that are not also in the Done column?
Have you made sure that you don't have any filters activated that might be hiding additional incomplete issues?
It is possible that issues were added to your sprint that are not displayed on your board. Jira does not restrict the issues that can be added to a sprint to the issues that are contained in the board where the sprint was created (or is displayed, since a Sprint can be created in one board but display in multiple boards). Go to the Search Issues screen and execute a search for issues where
sprint="name of sprint"
That will give you a complete list of the issues added to your sprint, including any that may not be visible on your board.
Possible explanations for issues being wrongly added to your sprint are:
1. There are multiple sprints defined in your instance that have identical names, and somebody selected the wrong one when setting the Sprint field on their issue. Jira does not require sprint names to be unique, but you should make a practice of naming your sprints in a way to make it clear which project/team/board the sprint belongs to.
2. Somebody simply erroneously added issues to your sprint that are not in the scope of your Scrum board. As I said above, Jira does not prevent this.
3. You may have erroneously added your issues to a sprint that actually belongs to somebody else's board.
Note that a sprint will display on a board if either of the following are true:
1. The sprint was created in that board, or
2. The sprint includes an issue that is within the scope of the filter for that board.
If you find unexpected issues in your sprint I encourage you to work with the owner of those issues to figure out why they are there rather than just removing them.
Hi @Saurabh Kapoor and welcome to the community!
Apparently, your Jira Board is not displaying all status from the workflows of the issues included in the board filter.
You can review that by following the steps:
Go to your board, then select more () > Board settings.
Click the Columns tab.
I hope it helps. If this answer helps solve the problem, please come back and mark this answer as solved to help other community members with the same challenge. If not, you are welcome to share your solution as well.
Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events