track of issuetype changes by using JQL

yevhen kokhan December 7, 2021

hi All,

I need to track transformation of issues from incidents into problems and use such JQL:

project = PLANXXX AND issuetype changed from (Incident) and createdDate >= "2021/11/01"

but have such error: History searches do not support the 'issuetype' field.

what is the right query to see such changes?

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hello @yevhen kokhan 

Welcome to the community.

This is not possible to do with native Jira functionality for JQL. You can either look for a third party app that extends the JQL feature set in the way you need, or you can create some customizations to track that the issue type is being changed using custom fields and automation to update those fields when issue types are changed.

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2021

@yevhen kokhan 

I'd like to suggest the Issue History add-on if you're comfortable with solutions from the Marketplace. Here you can monitor the full issue changelog in one place. To find issue type changes, you'll need to add issue type to the columns. Also, you can choose any date range you need.

IH 13n.pngThe add-on is developed by my team, let me know if it helps.  

yevhen kokhan December 9, 2021

hi Yulia, downloaded from market, but it doesn't download records and I can't use it.

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2021

Hi Yevhen,

You can try to reinstall it. Or contact our support team, they will help you figure out what the problem is.

2021-12-09_16-25-28.png

Let me know if you need some more assistance.

Suggest an answer