too many unmapped status in column management

Lyon Tsai December 9, 2020

when i am configuring columns in board setting, there are way too many unmapped statuses in the "column management". like almost 100 statuses and many of those are duplicated. For example, I have "15 unmapped statuses of "In Progress" and with "o issues" in the statuses. It does not happen in other boards under the same project.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

When Jira cannot work out a simple list of status that a board might need to see in its columns, it defaults to just adding all the available ones.  This can happen when you've got complex filters that select for many workflows. 

This is what you are seeing - your board filter does not define a project, so Jira has no choice but to list all possible status for inclusion.  Because any issue on the board could be using any of the workflows you have.

thank you ! issue resolved ! 

Kelley Cooper May 12, 2022

I've defined my Saved Filter using ScriptRunner and I get exactly what I want to see on the 'A-Team Board':

1. all the backlog items assigned to 'A-Team'
  2. all Sub-tasks within those backlog items
  3. all Epics to which those backlog items belong

The problem is that I still get all the possible Status values in the Unmapped Statuses column in the Board config even though I think I've defined the project in the filter.

Here's my JQL:

project = ACME AND "Agile Team" = "A-Team" OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = ACME AND 'Agile Team' = 'A-Team'") OR issueFunction in epicsOf("project = ACME AND 'Agile Team' = 'A-Team'") ORDER BY Rank

What am I missing? :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Your JQL could be including a huge range of issues, with lots of different workflows, so Jira is offering you everything that might get included.  The last clause is probably the main one - a story in an Epic in the ACME project could be in any project you have.

Michael Rink June 27, 2022

That was our problem, thanks!

0 votes
Derek F. September 11, 2023

Another suggestion is to temporarily change your filter to just your projects you want to include: "project in (X,Y,Z)" or "project = ACME"

This should limit your statuses in UNMAPPED to only those from the listed projects. Once you map all of them, you can change the filter back to the specific JQL and you should have all needed statuses represented.

0 votes

message shows 

We can't show the projects on this board, because the board's filter doesn't specify any. Your users may have trouble managing issues and sprints on this board. Try including some projects in the filter to fix this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events